Journey of a Lifetime to China, The Rogers Adoption

This is the Journey to our little girl in China!!! We have two biological boys who are wonderful, we never had the chence to try for a girl, so here we are...my dream is coming true...please follow alomg as our year of adoption of a little girl from China begins...

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Rogers Family History

Well...Here we are...My first post!

My name is Anne Marie Rogers(32) and my husband is Joe(34) and we live in Spring, Texas. We have two biological boys named Kyle (12) and Spencer(4). Joe and I have been married for a little over 5 years now!

We just moved to Spring in August of 2004 from NJ and what a change! We absolutely love it here and are so happy we came. Our house is huge and MUCH less expensive than what we had in NJ. The weather is great here, we like it warm so this suits us just fine. Compared to FREEZING winters that never end with snow and ice ...you get the picture...no thanks, you can have it! I do miss my friends and family though, but I am sure we will visit as often as possible.

We have always talked about having a girl, but we were never dealt those cards as far as kids go. We were blessed with two healthy wonderful boys.

Joe and I have talked about adoption at many times, but we finally decided to go for it on December 6th 2004...I was thrilled! We talked about many different options but came to the conclusion that China was just right for us and our daughter was out there...somewhere.

We signed with Harrahs Family Services
http://www.hfsadopt.com/ on December 6th and were approved on December 7th. We were thrilled to say the least on how responsive they are at Harrahs...we highly recommend them if you are looking into adoption from China and want the best service going.

Prior to this I had gone ahead and ordered some of our Vital statistic forms, which will have proven to be the best thing I could have done at the time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home