Journey of a Lifetime to China, The Rogers Adoption

This is the Journey to our little girl in China!!! We have two biological boys who are wonderful, we never had the chence to try for a girl, so here we are...my dream is coming true...please follow alomg as our year of adoption of a little girl from China begins...

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Day 7&8 - Chongqing - getting to know Sydney

Sorry we missed posting yesterday. Just been getting to know Sydney and spend some good time with her. We went on a couple of little shopping excursions around the hotel. Also went to the Chongqing Zoo today to see the panda's.

Syd is a great little girl. She is slowly coming out of her shell and getting used to us. We can get some really beautiful smiles out of her now. Syd loves being held and if it were up to her, would probably spend all day and night in our arms.

I think that Syd still misses her nannies. while we were in the bus on the way back from the zoo, she was sitting on my lap looking out of the window. At one point, the bus was stopped at the lite and there was a middle aged women standing on the side walk. Sydney got her lip thing going and started crying. She has a couple of different cries. The normal I'm hungry or wet cry and then she has this very sad cry. She did the sad cry.


Sydney is getting over an ear infection at the moment. Mommy the pharmacist had some Zithromax on standby and that seems to be doing the trick. It looks like several of the babies have an ear infection and a bit of chest congestion. I guess that's what eight plus hours on a bus will do. I think that all of the kids that were sick are on their way to feeling better now so hopefully, by the time we reach the White Swan there will be a big group of happy and healthy kids for the red couch picture!
Sorry we don't have more pictures today. Mom and Dad have been using the camcorder a bit more than the still these last couple of days. We'll try to do better tomorrow.

Any how, We got our first poopie out of Sydney today. Anyone who is about to come over, her (and those of her friends that are here too) poop is really hard. Bring some kind of softener\suppository! Prunes aren't working.

All for now, ttalk to y'all later.

Love,
Joe,Anne Marie and Syd.

PS - Kyle and Spencer - Miss you guys.


3 Comments:

  • At Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:43:00 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    AM, Joe, & Sydney,

    Oh that smile is so sweet!!! Enjoy your bonding time we cannot wait to see you all.

    Hugs,
    Heather

    PS - the Panda's are beautiful

     
  • At Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What an amazing smile! Huge hugs to ya'll
    Kim

     
  • At Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My name is Wesley Brown and i would like to show you my personal experience with Zithromax.

    I am 45 years old. Have been on Zithromax for 2 days now. I took this drug (generic azithro 500 mg bid) to get rid of an 2+ week old sinus infection that did not clear with decongestants and antihistamines. The drug made a substantial difference within 2 days. I'm a physician and needed to return to work, and the tiredness was just excessive, so I stopped the drug after 48-72 hours. The infection did not return. I would take this drug again if I needed to kill off an infection. I don't expect to feel good all the time. If a drug is making me healthy in a particular way, it's up to me to weigh that benefit against the cost of side effects.

    I have experienced some of these side effects -
    Fatigue. I just didn't want to move or get out of bed while on the drug; it was a bit hard to figure out that this was an effect of the medication rather than the sinusitis. Otherwise I was fine.

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Wesley Brown

     

Post a Comment

<< Home