Journey of a Lifetime to China, The Rogers Adoption

This is the Journey to our little girl in China!!! We have two biological boys who are wonderful, we never had the chence to try for a girl, so here we are...my dream is coming true...please follow alomg as our year of adoption of a little girl from China begins...

Saturday, January 22, 2005

FCC Houston Meeting!

Today ,Jan 22nd, we went to the FCC Houston Waiting Families meeting. It was held at St. Thomas University at 10 am. We almost got lost...again!!!
There were quite a few children there who were back home already and they were absolutely darling! We took Spencer and he was happy to play with all the little girls...he is quite the ladies man ;)
We listened to advice from the other parents on their trip, traveling, what the kids will be like when they get home, meds to take, all the stuff we were interested in. It was a nice meeting, there were quite a few families there. I was able to talk a bit to Nancy S.( sorry forget the sp?) who is the main person for Houston FCC chapter, she was wonderful to speak to. We started talking about the upcoming Chinese New Year which I can hardley wait for. She mentioned almost everyone dresses up for the occasion in Chinese dress so...hmmm..."Joe, can we go to Chinatown today???" :) I was able to get a beautiful Magenta colored Chinese dress. Man, I need to lose a few pounds...those dresses are SMALL in the hips, but I got one that I will get tailored a bit so that it doesn't split it down the middle if I sit down..could you imagine if that happened at the party????
A lovely day today...AND we also got our receipt back from USCIS that they rec'd our I 600A!!! Whoooppeeeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home