Journey of a Lifetime to China, The Rogers Adoption

This is the Journey to our little girl in China!!! We have two biological boys who are wonderful, we never had the chence to try for a girl, so here we are...my dream is coming true...please follow alomg as our year of adoption of a little girl from China begins...

Friday, February 11, 2005

Almost done & DTC with minor delay

Well, after the excitement of the I-171 H arriving, I figured it would be no problem to have everything done by the end of the week with authenticating and everything...NOT!!! Stephanie, the trooper she is, sent it off the next day to the Austin SOS to be authenticated. In the past, all of the SOS's, have turned the docs around in one day...I was amazed. This time, I checked the next day and it was not on its way back. I called Austin SOS to see if there was a problem or a hold up. They told me they were really backed up and couldn't guarentee sending it out that day or the next day...ARGGHHHH. I asked if I could DRIVE there and pick it up...they said "sure" so off Spencer and I went. 3 hours later I arrived at the Austin SOS office and picked up my documents, then...back into the car, turn around, drive ALL the way back to Houston. For some reason, I was worried about something at this point but couldn't put my finger on it. I went to the Houston consulate website-sure enough...closed from the next day until Sunday. My heart never sank lower...I knew now we wouldn't make the mailing for Thursday :(
Well, ok, now that I am over that...Jackie at Harrahs posted that since there would be enough to send next week, they would be sending another batch!! Yipppeeeee! So we should be DTC next week. I am happy again :) I am meeting Stephanie this afternoon to have lunch and give her my papers to bring to the consulate on Monday morning, along with the last payment to Harrahs. I can't wait until I can post we are actually DTC!!! We may still make FEB LID since we are not DTC at the end of the month...I smell an early August referral!!!
Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home